Consequences and risks of breaching the European Landscape Convention
If you are looking for international seminar People and Landscape 2014, refer to this link.
Project coordinator: MendelUniversityinBrno, Faculty of Horticulture (MENDELU)
- Bioinstitut, o.p.s (Institute for Organic Agriculture and Sustainable Landscape Management)
- CENELC.CZ (Centre of the European Network for the Implementation of the European Landscape Convention in theCzechRepublic)
- PalackýUniversityOlomouc, Fakulty of Science
- Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Garden Publ.Res.Inst. (VÚKOZ)
Project start: February 1, 2012
End of project: July 31, 2014
Project duration: 30 months
Project registration number: CZ.1.07/2.4.00/17.0020
Summary of the project:
The project deals with the implementation of the European Landscape Convention (hereinafter the Convention). CzechRepublicratified it and committed itself to protect and care for the landscape and its layout. It is also committed to European cooperation in this field by the ratification.
The reason for opening a project is just lack of knowing and poor practices in the exchange of information and experiences relating to the implementation of the Convention in theCzechRepublic.
The project aims is introducing the principles of the Convention into the practice and its application in the legislation of theCzechRepublicthrough cooperation among partners.
Key project activities are reciprocal internships at partner institutions and cooperation with foreign experts. Next activities are interactive seminars and creative workshops focusing on problems with the Convention.
The results are: textbook for universities, proceedings of seminars and workshops and a traveling exhibition.
The target group includes students, university employees and professionals involved with education, research and development.
Key project activities:
- Professional experience and internships among the partners – each partner completes two month internship at any of the partners. In the course of the project will be 20 internships.
- Professional internships abroad and accepting foreign experts.
Professional internships abroad: Italy, Florence, Recep-ENELC, Netherlands, Wageningen, (Alterra Green Rresearch Institute for Environment Libin) United Kingdom (visit three organizations), Germany, Müncheberg (Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research), Switzerland, Frick , AGROFUTURA Agronomy – Ökonomie – Ökologie, Spain, Seville, Recep-ENELC, Spain, Barcelona, The Landscape Observatory of Catalonia.
Accepting 23 foreign experts – consultations of conventions problems, lectures, field lessons, seminars and other professional activities.
- Interactive one-day seminar – organized ones
- International two-day interactive seminar – organized twice
- Interactive (three weeks) Workshop – organized 3 times. The workshop is attended by students and partners as consultants. After its finalization will be created a traveling exhibition of student work.
- Professional bilingual (Czech-English) publications dealing with problems of the landscape and the European Landscape Convention
- Evaluation of national and international internships
- Proceedings of an interactive seminar
- Proceedings of the international interactive seminar
- Traveling exhibition of student work
Contact: Želmíra Micková, project coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org