Palacký University in Olomouc
Palacký University in Olomouc is one of the oldest universities in Central Europe. It is the second oldest university in theCzechRepublic. University attracts students from other European and overseas countries. With about 20.000 undergraduate students on eight faculties, it provides quality education and excellent background for research in the wide range of academic disciplines.
Faculty of Science of the Palacký University in Olomouc
Faculty of Science of the Palacký University in Olomouc is a research school with undergraduate (bachelor) as well as graduate (master and doctoral) study programmes in various fields of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and Earth sciences.
Department of Ecology & Environmental Sciences
The Department of Ecology & Environmental Sciences focuses its teaching and research programs on the study of ecology, nature conservation, landscape protection, land-use management, and restoration activities. In addition to conducting scientific research funded by national and governmental grant agencies, the faculty members provide expert’s opinions in a variety of projects in the field of nature conservation and environmental.
Research activities of our faculty members are concentrated into several thematic domains:
- animal ecology (population ecology, community ecology, autecology);
- microbial ecology of streams and chemistry of water
- ecology of agricultural landscape, agro-ecology and soil ecology;
- ecology of riverine landscape;
- ecology and conservation biology of fauna and flora; nature conservation with focus on landscape fragmentation, restoration and biodiversity.