Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Publ. Res. Inst.
The research of the Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Publ. Res. Inst. (VÚKOZ, v. v. i.) targets at non-productive plant species in the changing landscape of the Czech Republic as a consequence of natural-climatic and political-economic changes, research of application of plants in the urbanised conditions of the beginning of the 21st century, use of plants in environmental planning and protection in unified Europe.
VÚKOZ, v. v. i. is composed of Department of Phytoenergy and Biodiversity, Department of Biomonitoring, Department of Nursery Production and Technologies, Department of Biological Risks, Department of Cultural Landscapes and Sites (based in Průhonice) and Department of Landscape Ecology and GIS Applications, Department of Forest Botany (based in Brno).
Members of the Department of Cultural Landscapes and Sites collaborate on the project OP Education for Competitiveness “Consequences and risks of breaking the European Landscape Convention” (No. CZ.1.07/2.4.00/17.0020). This department is specialized in the landscape research with all its consequences. Department members can offer expert assessments and consultations. The main research tasks are:
- Research of landscape-ecological and technological aspects of development, spatial landscape structure and biodiversity.
- Protection, renewal and development of greenery in current urbanised and rural areas: Project DF11P01OVV035 Greenery of town conservation areas as a function and space part of the settlement structure and Project QI112A138 Local identity of greenery in countryside and villages.
- Cultural historical landscape, analysis and principles of protection of important elements of cultural historical landscape: Project DF12P01OVV001 Protection and Management of Historic Cultural Landscape through Landscape Conservation Areas.
- Assessment and valuation of woody species growing outside forests in settlements and landscape: Project DF12P01OVV050 Outstanding tree avenues of Czech Landscape.
- Analysis, recording and documentation of historical parks and gardens: Project DF12P01OVV016 Evaluation and sustainable development of the garden art monuments
- Landscape analyses based on the old maps research and present land use/land cover changes, participative landscape planning: OP EE2.3.20.0004 Education for Competitiveness Creation and development of multidisciplinary team on the basis of landscape ecology (No. CZ.1.07/2.3.00/20.0004).
- Research of methods for implementation of the European Landscape Convention: Project 2B06013 Implementation of the European Landscape Convention measures within intensively utilised landscapes that bear traces of historical landscape design activities – pilot study “Nové Dvory – Kačina”.